- GSL pays $100 to authors who write articles of 2,500 words and up (not including endnotes or bibliographies) that are published. Payment is made within ten days of the issue release date in which the article appears.
- GSL prides itself on being entertaining and accessible to both general and scholarly audiences. We want to inspire readers to appreciate our history, so let your passion for your subject shine through!
- Assume your reader will have a basic high school level knowledge of history.
- GSL generally uses "Chicago Manual of Style."
- Please use double spaces between paragraphs (we will add tabs).
- Please do not use double space between sentences. These will be removed.
- Please use endnotes when citing sources, not footnotes. Use the built-in endnote function in Word.
- Supplying illustrations is strongly encouraged. Please only send images you created, have permission to use, or are in public domain.
NOTE: All authors must sign GSL's release form which may be downloaded as a PDF here.